Monday, May 25, 2009

Promotion and lessons

I just wanted to say thanks to all the students who played and sang at the 8th grade promotion on Friday evening. I understand that it gets long and somewhat boring, but when 8th grade rolls around, it becomes a big deal and is nice to have the music there. I am proud of what the students have accomplished this year. The program has grown nicely in my 4 years here. There are more students involved, playing more challenging music and learning lots of things. Perhaps there are more things to be added next year, but right now I am looking forward to summer lessons.

I just finished putting together a summer lesson schedule. I'll plan on handing it out on Thursday--in addition to putting it on the middle school website and linking to it here. I am pleased that even though the circumstances around the lessons have changed that there are many students who are still taking advantage to learn new things and play some other stuff!

No comments: