Wednesday, May 20, 2009

As it all winds down...sort of...

Some people wind down to the end of the year. I race really, really hard until I run into the brick wall that is the last day of school. This week has a busy end with solos tomorrow and 8th grade promotion on Friday! So much still to do!

Summer lesson forms are due on Friday, as are band students' quarter projects. Many have done these, but there are still several who haven't! I have to have them by Friday in order for them to be counted.

The choir is also getting ready to sing an original song with lyric written by 2 of the students. I have made recordings from my computer to practice with and some students have been generous enough to copy those and pass them around so more students can take a copy and practice with it. Technology is a plus--in addition to one of my posts earlier in the year!

1 comment:

susan said...

That song was beautiful.
You should plan to sing it each year. The band sounded great, too.