Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Technology!

In an effort to include more and more technology in my instruction, I have started to use PowerPoint with the 7-8 choir. I essentially project the lesson/rehearsal plan on the wall for them to see as we go through class. I am hoping to do much more with it, but it has some benefits that I have already seen:

1) I don't spend as much time giving rehearsal numbers and discussing where we are working and what we are working on. If students have a question, it is right there projected on the wall.

2) My handwriting is way more difficult to read than is typing, so this way my lesson plans are legible.

I asked the students at the end of last rehearsal if they enjoyed having it up there and it was a nearly unanimous "yes." Hopefully I will be able to continue doing it!

No comments: