Thursday, December 4, 2008

Solos--and a PIANO PLAYER NEEDED

7-8 band students have been receiving solos this week. The students have to options whether to do a solo or be a part of a small group, but students must do something. Solos and small ensembles give students a chance to develop other skills that aren't focused on throughout the year, such as independence of parts, confidence, presentation skills and other skills not necessarily first thought of relating to music. Many of the skills that go along with these groups translate very well to skills students will need to be successful in other areas of life!

In addition to students playing, solos are accompanied by a piano player. Ask any one of the students and they will tell you that my piano skills are NOT at a level where I can accompany them for a performance. This leads me to say:

I AM IN NEED OF A PIANO PLAYER OR 2 TO HELP ME ACCOMPANY STUDENTS FOR THEIR SOLOS!

If you are interested, give me an email or phone call at school and I'll be glad to put you to work!

No comments: