Monday, January 4, 2010

January brings school--and cold!

I had a great holiday break and hope you all did as well, but we are back at it for the second half of the school year. From solos to concerts to honor bands and more, there are lots of things to get done from here to the end of the year! One of the unfortunate things that comes with this time of year is the cold. I am not a big fan of having high temps in the single digits below zero! The wind here in Mingo makes it very cold to walk back and forth to the main building! Too bad there is no bathroom here in the band room.

Anyway, we will start up with jazz band again on Wednesday, Jan. 6th. There will not be practice on Monday, Jan. 11th, as I will be in a meeting all day in Johnston.

I am still looking for a volunteer to do some accompanying for students with solos. I am able to do some of it, but all of it is a bit much for my piano skills. If you know of someone who is interested, please let me know ASAP!

Stay warm!

No comments: