Thursday, January 22, 2009

Honor Band and Solos

On Tuesday, I was at the Simpson College Honor Band with two students. Honor bands are a great opportunity for students who excel in music to have an opportunity to work on some different music with students from other schools. I nominate several students and I get notified of which students are selected. They receive the music ahead of time and are expected to practice it so as to be prepared for the honor band day. Students then come together and spend several hours that day putting the music together with a guest conductor. It's a great chance to play some good music and meet some new friends.

It is also a refresher for me to go and share struggles/successes with other directors and to meet with old friends whom I haven't seen in a while. It is good to be reminded that we all have the same struggles.

Solo/Ensemble

I received a copy of the schedule for the day at PCM at the honor band, and I will post it on the website later today, along with some other information. As usual, if there are any questions, please don't hesitate to call or email or comment below.

No comments: