Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Grammy Awards

I have to admit, I'm not a big fan of the Grammy Award show and all the hoopla and overdone performances, so I didn't watch much of the awards, but I did catch a couple of things. The first was the call from the president of the Grammys to ensure that all students have music education from kindergarten through high school--something that doesn't exist in many school districts around the country.

The second thing I caught was the performance of the Dave Matthews Band. I am a huge fan of the DMB and always enjoy listening to them perform. One of the things I appreciate the most is the fact they don't have to be dressed in the most ridiculous attire or use inappropriate language to get their point across. They have some great instrumental lines that go through their music and their lyrics are great. Good stuff--check them out!

No comments: