Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The final push

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving break! I know I ate too much food and didn't sleep enough, but I had a great time. Now it is on to the push to the concert on Dec. 22! Three weeks will go by in a hurry, but it should give us some time in rehearsals to work things out that need fixing. Reminding students there are only x number of practices left usually helps to get them focused and ready to work.

Students in 7-8 band should be getting solo/ensemble music this week that they can start working on at home. The festival will be in Feb. at PCM Middle School. Something to look ahead to! I am also in search of one or two people with some piano skills who might be interested in accompanying students with solos. Let me know if you are interested!

No comments: