Thursday, April 9, 2009

Break and More

I hope that everyone is enjoying their breaks! It was certainly time!

I spent the morning updating grades and cleaning up the band room--especially my office. It always seems to take more time than I ever plan. When we come back, it's time for the manners meal--then out next concert is right around the corner on May 11th! It seems like we just finished with the Parade of Bands. In addition, 6th grade students will begin working on solos for a festival at the elementary at the end of the year. This is a required event and gives students a chance to learn some things that they apply to their performance in band, as well as other aspects of their lives. Playing a solo helps develop a comfort in front of an audience, builds self confidence and responsibility, to name a few. 7th and 8th graders who didn't participate in February will have the option to do so in May.

The end of the year is coming fast and that means 8th grade promotion, which I will write about in a future post. I am off to find lunch and head to Rieman's Music to look at discount band pieces!

Hope you have a great break!

No comments: